- This event has passed.
Call for Papers: Human Dignity and Human Rights – Christian Perspectives and Practices: A Focus on Constitutional and International Law
December 10, 2019
For a full description of the project, please read the full document: https://www.iclrs.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Christian-Perspectives-on-Human-Dignity-and-Human-Rights.pdf
The organizers invite scholars at any level of their careers to submit an abstract of no more than 300-words and one-page CV by December 10, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Andrea Pin) AND email@example.com (Dmytro Vovk). The abstract should address at least one of the following topics:
– Christian views on human dignity and human rights, also vis-à-vis other competing ideals;
– Secular translations of Christian values;
– The participation of Christians in the public discourse, in the political process, and in judicial litigation;
– Christian views on pluralism and reconciliation of disagreement;
– Christianity, rights and social welfare;
– The relationship between individual and group rights and duties according to Christian doctrines;
– Human dignity, people’s dignity, and state sovereignty in the light of Christian thinking;
– Inter-Christian dialogue and cooperation in promoting Christian legal doctrines;
Abstract proposals should develop themes against the backdrop of constitutional and internationallaw. Normative, comparative, and descriptive approaches are equally welcome.
Selections will be made by January 10, 2020. The authors of the accepted proposals will be invited to present at a workshop in Christ Church (Oxford, UK) during the last week of July 2020 (exact dates will be announced later), with the view of seeking later publication of the presented papers.
The International Center for Law and Religion Studies will cover travel and accommodation costs of presenters.