Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
As previously reported, on Monday 12 new lawsuits were filed around the country by over 40 Catholic institutions challenging the Obama administration’s mandate requiring contraceptive coverage in health insurance policies these institutions offer to their employees and, in the case of universities, to students. Here is the listing of all the plaintiffs in the 12 lawsuits with links to news releases from the lead litigant in each suit, and links to the full text of complaints in 10 of the suits. The Washington Post has a list of all the lawsuits with links to home page of each litigant.
(1) Archdiocese of Washington; Archbishop Carroll High School, Inc.; Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington, Inc.; The Consortium of Catholic Academies of the Archdiocese of Washington, Inc.; and The Catholic University of America. (Full text of complaint.)
(2) University of Notre Dame. (Full text of complaint.)
(3) The Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, Inc. and The Catholic Cemeteries Association of the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
(4) Michigan Catholic Conference; Michigan Catholic Conference Group Health Benefit Plan; Franciscan University. (Full text of complaint.)
(5) Diocese of Erie; St. Martin Center; Prince of Peace Center. (Full text of complaint.)
(6) Archdiocese of New York, Catholic Health Care System, Roman Catholic Diocese of Rockville Center, Catholic Charities of Diocese of Rockville Center, Catholic Health Services of Long Island. (Full text of complaint.)
(7) Catholic Diocese of Springfield, Illinois; Catholic Charities of Diocese of Springfield; Catholic Diocese of Joliet, Illinois; Catholic Charities of Diocese of Joliet.
(8) Catholic Diocese of Ft. Wayne-South Bend ; Catholic Charities; Saint Anne Home and Retirement Community; Franciscan Alliance; University of Saint Francis; Our Sunday Visitor. (Full text of complaint.)
(9) Roman Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth. (Full text of complaint.)
(10) Archdiocese of St. Louis; Catholic Charities of St. Louis. (Full text of complaint.)
(11) Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas. (Full text of complaint.)
(12) Catholic Diocese of Biloxi; Resurrection Catholic School; Sacred Heart Catholic School; Catholic Social and Community Services; DeL’epee Deaf Center; Catholic Diocese of Jackson; Vicksburg Catholic School; St. Joseph Catholic School; Catholic Charities; St. Dominic-Jackson Memorial Hospital (Full text of complaint.)