Articles of interest – September 16-23
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Paul Horwitz, Rethinking the Law, Not Abandoning It: A Comment on ‘Overlapping Jurisdictions’, (4 Faulkner Law Review 351 (2013)).
- Jordan J. Ballor, The Ecumenical Challenge of Catholicity, (Journal of Christian Legal Thought 3, No. 2 (Fall 2013)).
- Caroline Mala Corbin, Corporate Religious Liberty, (September 18, 2013).
- Frederick Mark Gedicks & Rebecca G. Van Tassell, RFRA Exemptions from the Contraception Mandate: An Unconstitutional Accommodation of Religion, (September 19, 2013).
- Dhrubajyoti Bhattacharya, At the Intersection of Law, Human Rights, and Religion, (Global Health Disputes and Disparities (Routledge, London: 2012)).
- Helen J. Knowles, Taking Justice Kennedy Seriously: Why Windsor Was Decided ‘Quite Apart from Principles of Federalism’, (September 1, 2013).
- Julien Mailland, The Blues Brothers and the American Constitutional Protection of Hate Speech: Teaching the Meaning of the First Amendment to Foreign Audiences, (Michigan State International Law Review, Vol. 21, No. 2, p. 451, 2013).
- Douglas NeJaime, Windsor’s Right to Marry, (123 Yale Law Journal Online 219 (2013)).
- Jade Wong & Andreas Ortmann, Do Donors Care about the Price of Giving? A Review of the Evidence, with some Theory to Organize It, (UNSW Australian School of Business Research Paper No. 2013-22 (2013)).
From SSRN — European and Islamic Law:
- Rafael Palomino, Manual Breve de Derecho Eclesiástico del Estado (Spanish Law and Religion in a Nutshell), (January 9, 2013).
- Casey Jo Cooper, From the Watch Tower to the Acropolis: The Search for a Consistent Religious Freedom Standard in an Inconsistent World, (Emory International Law Review, Vol. 28, No. 1, 2014, Forthcoming).
- Monica Lugato, National Policy Towards Religious Associations within the Framework of European Law, (Il Diritto dell’Unione Europea, 3/2013, Forthcoming).
- Tobias Lock, An Additional Protective Layer: The Case of Religious Discrimination in the United Kingdom and Germany, (Edinburgh School of Law Research Paper No. 2013/32 (2013)).
- Hamid Harasani, The Role of Ijtihād in Progressing Islamic Law in Modern Times, (10 US-China Law Review 361).