Articles of interest – October 28, 2013
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Patrick M. Garry, Distorting the Establishment Clause Into an Individual Dissenter’s Right, (7 Charleston Law Review, Fall 2012).
- Andrew B. Kartchner, Corporate Free Exercise: A Survey of Supreme Court Cases Applied to a Novel Question, (Regent J. L. & Pub. Pol’y, Volume 6, Issue 2 (2014), Forthcoming).
- Kenneth Einar Himma, What’s So Damn Special About Religion, Anyway? (Review Essay of Brian Leiter, Why Tolerate Religion? ), (Law and Philosophy, Forthcoming).
- Patrick McKinley Brennan, Resisting the Grand Coalition in Favor of the Status Quo by Giving Full Scope to the Libertas Ecclesiae, (Freedom and the Moral Law: Proceedings from the Convention of the Fellowship of Catholic Scholars, 2013).
- Patrick McKinley Brennan, The Liberty of the Church: Source, Scope, and Scandal, (Journal of Contemporary Legal issues, Forthcoming).
- Roberta Rosenthal Kwall, Response to Zadoff on Kwall, (Cardozo Law Review De Novo, p. 264, 2013).
- Leonid Sirota, Storm and Havoc: The Rule of Law and Religious Exemptions, (47 Revue Juridique Thémis de l’Université de Montréal 247 (2013)).
From SSRN – Foreign and Islamic Law:
- Tamir Moustafa, Liberal Rights versus Islamic Law? The Construction of a Binary in Malaysian Politics, (Law & Society Review, vol. 47: 771-802 (2013)).
- Moamen Gouda, Stealing More Is Better? An Economic Analysis of Islamic Law of Theft, (April 24, 2013).
- Mikhail Antonov & Ekaterina Samokhina, The Reasoning of Russian Courts in Cases Connected with the Protection of Religious Feelings, (Higher School of Economics Research Paper No. WP BRP 26/LAW/2013, Oct. 2013).
- Daniel Augenstein, Normative Fault-Lines of Transnational Human Rights Jurisprudence: National Pride and Religious Prejudice in the European Legal Space, (October 11, 2013).
- Yuksel Sezgin, The Impact of State-Enforced Personal Status Laws on Human Rights (Chapter 3 in Human Rights Under State-Enforced Religious Family Laws in Israel, Egypt and India, Cambridge University Press, 2013).