Articles of interest – October 24, 2016
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Susanna Mancini, Global Religion in a Post-Westphalia World, (Handbook on Global Constitutionalism (A. Lang & A. Wiener eds.), Elgar Publishing (2017 Forthcoming)).
- Steven Aiello, Islamic and Jewish Law Approaches to Killing, (October 15, 2016).
- Rangita de Silva de Alwis & Indira Jaising, The Role of Personal Laws in Creating A ‘Second Sex’, (New York University Journal of International Law and Politics, Vol. 48, Pg. 1085, 2016).
- Alan C. Weinstein, Regulation of Religious Uses Under the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act, (Local Government, Land Use, and the First Amendment, American Bar Association, 2017 Forthcoming).
- Effie Fokas, Banal, Benign or Pernicious? Religion and National Identity From the Perspective of Religious Minorities in Greece, (New Diversities, 2015, Vol. 17, No. 1, 47-62).
- Daphne Gilbert, Let Thy Conscience Be Thy Guide (But Not My Guide!): Physicians and the Duty to Refer, (McGill Journal of Law and Health 2016 10(2)).
- Neil Siegel, The Distinctive Role of Justice Samuel Alito: From a Politics of Restoration to a Politics of Dissent, (Yale Law Journal Forum, Vol. 126, p.164 (2016)).
- Fatmir Halili & Arif Riza, The Betrothal and Marriage – According to Islamic Law (Shariah) and Under the Secular System, (October 15, 2016).
From SmartCILP and elsewhere:
- Gregory M. Lipper, The Contraceptive-Coverage Cases and Politicized Free-Exercise Lawsuits, University of Illinois Law Review, Vol. 2016. pp. 1331- 1346.
- Yifat Bitton, Suspension, Hu(wo)man Rights and Torts: Discriminatory Religious Practices and Hu(wo)man Rights Suspension Tactics in Remedying Feminine Suffering Through Tort Law, 14 Seattle Journal for Social Justice 669-726 (2016).
- Charles Leben, Hebrew Sources in the Doctrine of the Law of Nature and Nations in Early Modern Europe, 27 European Journal of International Law 79-106 (2016).
- Marvin Lim, Human Dignity and Punishment in Judaic and Islamic Law: War and the Death Penalty, [Abstract], 22 Southwestern Journal of International Law 303-358 (2016).
- Shlomo C. Pill, Valuing Our Discordant Constitutional Discourse: Autonomous-Text Constitutionalism and the Jewish Legal Tradition, 64 Buffalo Law Review 349-411 (2016).