Articles of interest – May 26, 2014
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Paul Horwitz, ‘A Troublesome Right’: The ‘Law’ in Dworkin’s Treatment of Law and Religion, (Boston University Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Michael A. Helfand, Between Law and Religion: Procedural Challenges to Religious Arbitration Awards, (Chicago-Kent Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Edward C. Lyons, Causation and Complicity: The HHS Contraceptive Mandate and Asymmetrical Burdens on Free Exercise, (55 South Texas Law Review 229 (2014), Forthcoming).
- Aram Sinnreich, Sharing in Spirit: Kopimism and the Digital Eucharist, (May 14, 2014).
- Kenneth K. Ching, Beauty and Ugliness in Offer and Acceptance, (May 23, 2014).
From SSRN (Non-U.S. Law):
- David B. Kopel, Ancient Hebrew Militia Law, (Denver University Law Review, Vol. 90, 2013).
- Patrick Parkinson, Book Review: ‘Managing Family Justice in Diverse Societies’ (Eds Maclean and Eekelaar), (Australian Journal of Family Law, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 270-75, 2013).
- Andrew F. March, Constitutional Authority, (Ashgate Research Companion to Islamic Law, Ruud Peters and Peri Bearman, eds., pp. 179-192 (2014)).
- Brandy G. Robinson, Religiosity in Constitutions and the Status of Minority Rights, (March 6, 2014).
- Dawood I. Ahmed & Tom Ginsburg, Constitutional Islamization and Human Rights: The Surprising Origin and Spread of Islamic Supremacy in Constitutions, Virginia Journal of International Law, Forthcoming.
- Mostafa Beheshti Seresht & Hasba Haj Najafi, Residential Mortgage Crisis – An Islamic Finance Perspective, (May 8, 2014).
- Muhammad Munir, The Share of Orphaned Grandchild under Islamic Law and Pakistani Legal System: A Re-Evaluation of Representational Succession in Section 4 of the Muslim Family Laws Ordinance 1961, (May 10, 2014).
- Richard Ashby Wilson, Inciting Genocide with Words, (Michigan Journal of International Law, Vol. 36, No. 1, 2015, Forthcoming).
- Karen Gantt, Balancing Women’s Health and Religious Freedom Under the ACA., [Abstract], 17 Quinnipiac Health Law Journal 1-44 (2013-2014).
- Sarah Lipton-Lubet, Contraceptive Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act: Dueling Narratives and Their Policy Implications, 22 American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law 343-385 (2014).
- Mark A. Strasser, A Constitutional Balancing In Need of Adjustment: On Defamation, Breaches of Confidentiality, and the Church, [Abstract], 12 First Amendment Law Review 325-384 (2013).
- Alan J. Meese & Nathan B. Oman, Hobby Lobby, Corporate Law, and the Theory of the Firm: Why For-Profit Corporations Are RFRA Persons,127 Harvard Law Review Forum 273 (May 20, 2014).