Articles of interest – March 7, 2016
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Elisabeth Fontugne, Respecting Religion: How Court and Congress Impermissibly Treaded on Sacred Ground to the People’s Detriment, (December 15, 2015).
- Jared A. Goldstein, How the Constitution Became Christian, Roger Williams Univ. Legal Studies Paper No. 167 (Feb. 2016).
- Daniel L. Chen & Jo Thori Lind, The Political Economy of Beliefs: Why Fiscal and Social Conservatives/Liberals Come Hand-in-Hand, (March 1, 2016).
- Aileen M. Marty, Elana Marty-Nelson & Eloisa C. Rodriguez-Dod, The Intersection of Law, Religion, and Infectious Disease on the Handling and Disposition of Human Remains, (Law, Religion, and Health in the United States (Holly Fernandez Lynch, I. Glenn Cohen & Elizabeth Sepper eds., Cambridge University Press, Spring 2017 Forthcoming).
- Sherif Girgis, Nervous Victors, Illiberal Measures: A Response to Douglas Nejaime and Reva Siegel, (Yale Law Journal Forum, 2016).
- Brian McCall, Why it is Good to Stop at a Red Light: The Basis of Authority and Obligation, (Journal of Catholic Legal Studies, Forthcoming).
- Scott W. Gaylord, RFRA Rights Revisited: Substantial Burdens, Judicial Competence, and the Religious Nonprofit Cases, (Elon University Law Legal Studies Research Paper No. 2016-07 (2016)).
- Travis S. Andrews, Delegating Religious Liberty: The Executive’s Role in Accommodating Religion, (February 1, 2016).
From SSRN (Non-U.S. Law):
- Neil Weinstock Netanel, Introduction to: From Maimonides to Microsoft: The Jewish Law of Copyright Since the Birth of Print, (Oxford University Press 2016).
- Asim Jusic, SAS v. France and the French Burkha Ban: Public Moral Order of Laïcité and the Struggle Against Disloyal Groups, (February 24, 2016).
- Gautam Bhatia, A Right to Faith: Individual, Community, State and Religious Freedom Under the Indian Constitution, (February 28, 2016).
- Mary Anne Case, The Role of the Popes in the Invention of Complementarity and the Vatican’s Anathematization of Gender, (Forthcoming Religion and Gender Habemus Gender Special Issue 2016).
- Naveed Ahmad, Hurmat Sumaiya Binti Bashir & Yousfi Karima, Status of Women in Islam: A Perspective, (“Status of Women in Islam: A Perspective” Global Islamic Economics Magazine, Volume 43, 2015).