Articles of interest – March 2, 2015
Howard Freidman, Religion Clause
- Laura R. Ford, Prerogative, Nationalized: The Social Formation of Intellectual Property, (February 23, 2015).
- Steven G. Calabresi & Justin R. Braga, The Jurisprudence of Justice Antonin Scalia: A Response to Professor Bruce Allen Murphy and Professor Justin Driver, (Northwestern Law & Econ Research Paper No. 15-05 (2015)).
- Steven Douglas Smith, Situating Ourselves in History, (Pepperdine Law Review, Vol. 41, 2014).
- Richard B. Collins, Too Strict?, (First Amendment Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Ruth Fletcher, Conscientious Objection and Harm Reduction in Europe, (Conscientious Objection and Abortion: A Global Perspective on the Colombian Experience (Women’s Link Worldwide and O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, 123-146, 2014)).
- Edward A. Zelinsky, The Aftermath of Hobby Lobby: HSAs and HRAs as the Least Restrictive Means, (Rutgers Law Record, Vol. 42, 2014/15, pp. 109-25).
- David M. Shapiro, Lenient in Theory, Dumb in Fact: Prison, Speech, and Scrutiny, (Northwestern Public Law Research Paper No. 15-08 (21015)).
- William N. Eskridge, Original Meaning and Marriage Equality, (Houston Law Review, Vol. 52, 2015).
From SSRN: Religious Accommodation:
- Richard W. Garnett, Religious Accommodations And — And Among — Civil Rights: Separation, Toleration, and Accommodation, (Southern California Law Review, Vol. 88, 2015, Forthcoming).
- Marci A. Hamilton, The Case for Evidence-Based Free Exercise Accommodation: Why the Religious Freedom Restoration Act Is Bad Public Policy, (Harvard Law & Policy Review, Vol. 9, 2015).
- Matthew Wright, Stuart N. Soroka, Jack Citrin & Richard Johnston, Multiculturalism and Muslim Accommodation: What Reaction Among the Mainstream?, (Paper presented at “Causes and Consequences of Immigration and Citizenship Policies” conference, Berlin, 2014).
- Andrew Koppelman, Gay Rights, Religious Accommodations, and the Purposes of Antidiscrimination Law, (Southern California Law Review, Forthcoming).
From SSRN: Religious Law:
- Michael A. Helfand, Introduction: Religious Law in the 21st Century, (Pepperdine Law Review, Vol. 41, No. 991, 2014).
- Timothy Lubin, Hinduism and Law, (Hinduism in India: Modern and Contemporary Movements, eds. Will Sweetman and Aditya Malik (Sage Publications, 2015)).
- Magomet Yandiev, Absence of Interbank Loan Market and Banking Short-Term Liquidity Management Mechanisms: The Most Pressing Problems of the Islamic Finance Model, (February 15, 2015).
- Neville Cox, Blasphemy, Holocaust Denial and the Control of Profoundly Unacceptable Speech, [Abstract], 62 American Journal of Comparative Law 739-774 (2014).
- Marvin Lim, Just War and the Roman Catholic Life Ethic, 26 Florida Journal of International Law 151-196 (2014).
- Mark Tushnet, Liberals, Litigants, and the Disappearance of Consensus About the Religion Clauses. (Reviewing Steven D. Smith, The Rise and Decline of American Religious Freedom), 93 Texas Law Review 207-217 (2014).