Articles of interest – June 14, 2016
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Petr Agha, The Burqa Ban’s Dark Side – Uncovering Face Covering Bans, (June 1, 2016).
- Andrew Koppelman, A Free Speech Response to the Gay Rights/Religious Liberty Conflict, (Northwestern University Law Review, Forthcoming).
- M. Christian Green, Apostasy Through Doubt and Dissent, (Forthcoming in the Journal of Law and Religion, July 2016).
- M. Christian Green, ‘Graceful Pillars’: Law, Religion, and the Ethics of the ‘Daughter Track’, (Forthcoming in the Journal of Law and Religion, July 2016).
- Rex Ahdar, Companies as Religious Liberty Claimants, (Oxford Journal of Law and Religion, 2016).
- Marc O. DeGirolami, Substantial Burdens Imply Central Beliefs, (St. John’s School of Law Legal Studies Research Paper Series, 16-0014 (2016)).
- M. Christian Green, Jean Bethke Elshtain, (Christianity and Family Law, Chapter 24, Forthcoming).
- Debbie Kaminer, Religious Accommodation in the Workplace: Why Federal Courts Fail to Provide Meaningful Protection of Religious Employees, (Texas Review of Law & Politics, Vol. 20, No. 107, 2015).
- Robert W. McGee, Toilets, Transgenders, and Property Rights, (June 9, 2016).
- Suneal Bedi, Fully and Barely Clothed: Case Studies in Gender and Religious Employment Discrimination in the Wake of Citizens United and Hobby Lobby, (Hastings Business Law Journal, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2016).
- Rex Ahdar, Charity Begins at the Politically Correct Home? The Family First Case, (Otago Law Review (2015) 14(1) 171-189).
- Neil Hamilton, Madeleine Coulter & Marie Coulter,Professional Formation/Professionalism’s Foundation: Engaging Each Student’s and Lawyer’s Tradition on the Question “What Are My Responsibilities to Others?” 12 University of St. Thomas Law Journal 271-338 (2016).
- Brett R. McCaw, Pro Deo et Patria: The Greek Catholic Church and Ukrainian National Life–Past and Present. 9 University of St. Thomas Journal of Law & Public Policy 94-124 (2014).
- Kent Greenawalt, McElroy Lecture. Granting Exemptions from Legal Duties: When Are They Warranted and What Is the Place of Religion?, 93 University of Detroit Mercy Law Review 89-117 (2016).
- Mark Strasser, Free Exercise and the Definition of Religion: Confusion in the Federal Courts, 53 Houston Law Review 909-937 (2016).
- Symposium: Human Rights and the Sexualization of Culture, 2 Journal of Global Justice & Public Policy 173-258 (2015).
- The Morality of Market Mechanisms. Leslie Carothers, moderator; Lucia Ann Silecchia, Bob Perciasepe, Caroline Farrell, participants. [Abstract], 46 Environmental Law Reporter News & Analysis 10005-10016 (2016).