Articles of interest – July 18, 2016
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Holly Fernandez Lynch & Gregory Curfman, Bosses in the Bedroom: Religious Employers and the Future of Employer-Sponsored Health Care, (Law, Religion, and Health in the United States (Holly Fernandez Lynch, I. Glenn Cohen, Elizabeth Sepper, eds.) Cambridge University Press, 2017 Forthcoming).
- Roland Pierik, On Religious and Secular Exemptions. A Case Study of Childhood Vaccination Waivers, (General Subserie Research Paper No. 2016-02 (2016)).
- Kellen R. Funk, ‘Interference in Churches Must Be Referred to the Rights of Property’: Church Corporations and Conflict of Laws in Antebellum America, (Journal of Law and Religion, Vol. 33, No. 1, 2018).
- Merel Jonker, Mariëtte van den Hoven & Wendy Schrama, Editorial: Religion and Culture in Family & Law, (Utrecht Law Review, Vol. 12, No. 2, p. 1-6, June 2016).
- Wibo M. van Rossum & Mariëtte van den Hoven, Paucity and the Need for Value Sensitivity in Dealing with Youth Care: Why Legal and Youth Professionals Should Take Cultural and Religious Considerations Seriously, (Utrecht Law Review, Vol. 12, No. 2, p. 7-23, June 2016).
- Tammy Harel Ben-Shahar, Race, Class and Religion: Creaming and Cropping in Religious Charter Schools, (Columbia Journal of Race and Law, Forthcoming).
- Adam MacLeod, Tempering Civil Rights Conflicts: Common Law for the Moral Marketplace, (Michigan State Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Ethan Blevins, A Fixed Meaning of ‘Religion’ in the First Amendment, (July 13, 2016).
From SSRN (Non-U.S. Law):
- Aan Jaelani, Religion, Economy, and State: Economic Thought of Al-Mawardi in Adab Al-Dunya Wa-Al-Din, (MPRA Paper No. 72090 (June 2016)).
- Jet Tigchelaar & Merel Jonker, How is a Judicial Decision Made in Parental Religious Disputes? An Analysis of Determining Factors in Dutch and European Court of Human Rights Case Law, (Utrecht Law Review, Vol. 12, No. 2, p. 24-40, June 2016).
- Eva Brems, SAS V France: A Reality Check, (July 15, 2016).