Articles of Interest – January 27, 2013
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Machtfeld Zee, Five Options for the Relationship between the State and Sharia Councils: Untangling the Debate on Sharia Councils and Women’s Rights in the United Kingdom, (Journal of Religion and Society, Volume 16 (2014)).
- Cambria Queen, Is God in the United States?, (September 26, 2013).
- Caroline Mala Corbin, Corporate Religious Liberty: Why Corporations Are Not Entitled to Religious Exemptions, (American Constitution Society Issue Brief, January 2014).
- Haim Sandberg, From JNF to Viva Palestina – UK Policy Towards Zionist and Palestinian Charities, (January 23, 2014).
From SmartCILP and elsewhere:
- Audun Kjus, Adam and Lucifer: A Royal Example, 25 Law & Literature 466-482 (2013).
- David B. Kopel, Evolving Christian Attitudes Towards Personal and National Self-Defense, 45 Connecticut Law Review 1709-1771 (2013).
- Benjamin Porat, Lethal Self-Defense Against a Rapist and the Challenge of Proportionality: Jewish Law Perspective, 26 Columbia Journal of Gender & Law 123-181 (2013).
- Moshe Simon-Shoshan, “People Talking Without Speaking”: The Semiotics of Rabbinic Legal Exemplum As Reflected in Bavli Berakhot 11a, 25 Law & Literature 446-465 (2013).
- Alan E. Garfield, The Contraception Mandate Debate: Achieving a Sensible Balance, Columbia Law Review, January 2014 Sidebar.
- Knox Thames, A Global Response to Religious Freedom Violations, Georgetown Journal of International Affairs, Jan. 2014.