Articles of interest – January 23, 2017
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Arolda Elbasani, Governing Islam in Plural Societies: Religious Freedom, State Neutrality and Traditional Heritage, (Journal of Balkan and Near Easter Studies 19 (1): 4-18, 2017).
- Perry Dane, Call and Response: A D’Var Torah on Parshat Vayechi, (January 14, 2017).
- Mitchell Landrigan, Could the Implied Freedom of Political Discourse Protect the Speech of a Delisted Anglican Minister?, (January 13, 2017).
- Charles Cohen, Losing Your Children: The Failure to Extend Civil Rights Protections to Transgender Parents, (George Washington Law Review, Vol. 85, No. 2, 2017).
- Jessica A. Clarke, Frontiers of Sex Discrimination Law, (Michigan Law Review, Vol. 115, No. 6, Forthcoming).
- Victor Asal & Udi Sommer, Legal Path Dependence and the Long Arm of the Religious State (Excerpts), (“Legal Path Dependence & The Long Arm of the Religious State: Sodomy Provisions and Gay Rights Across Nations and Over Time”, SUNY Press (October 20, 2016)).
- Johanna Pesendorfer & Othmar Manfred Lehner, Islamic Banking and Finance As an Ethical Alternative: A Systematic Literature Review, (ACRN Oxford Journal of Finance and Risk Perspectives 5.2 (2016): 42-64).
- Chad DeVeaux, The Monster Unleashed: How Hobby Lobby Threatens the Freedom of Employees to Practice Religion, 1 Concordia Law Review 114-132 (2016).
- Terence E. Hogan, Gaudium et Spes: Reflections on Dialogue with Cuba, 11 Intercultural Human Rights Law Review 249-260 (2016).
- Ayelet Hoffmann Libson, “The Heart Knows its Own Bitterness”: Authority, Self, and the Origins of Patient Autonomy in Early Jewish Law, 56 American Journal of Legal Hist. 303-325 (2016).
- Cardinal Peter K.A. Turkson, Laudato Si’s Challenge to Social Conscience: Society and Nature Together, 11 Intercultural Human Rights Law Review 1-13 (2016).