Articles of interest – February 17, 2014
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Manuel Vargas, The Runeberg Problem: Theism, Libertarianism, and Motivated Reasoning, (in Kevin Timpe & Daniel Speak, eds., Libertarianism and Free Will: the Interplay of Religious Belief and Free Will (Oxford Univ. Press, Forthcoming)).
- Frederick Mark Gedicks, Brief of Amici Curiae Church-State Scholars in Support of the Government in Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. & Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. v. Sebelius, (January 28, 2014).
- Daniel Austin, How to Reconcile the Establishment Clause and Standing Doctrine in Religious Display Cases with a New Coercion Test, (February 4, 2014).
- Karen Jordan, Karen, A Christian Vision of Freedom and Democracy: Neutrality as an Obstacle to Freedom, (February 7, 2014).
- Michael Stokes Paulsen, Kermit Gosnell and Uncle Tom’s Cabin, (St. Thomas Journal of Law & Public Policy, 2014, Forthcoming).
- Vivian Grosswald Curran, Reviving Human Rights Legislation After Kiobel, (American Journal of International Law, Vol. 107, p. 858, 2013).
- Neil Siegel, Federalism as a Way Station: Windsor as Exemplar of Doctrine in Motion, (February 14, 2014).
From SSRN (Legal Issues of Pakistan):
- Shahbaz Ahmad Cheema, Socially Abhorrent But Legally Acceptable: A Study of Alleged Conversions of Sunnis and Shias in Cases of Inheritance in Pakistan, (South Asian Studies, A Research Journal of South Asian Studies, Vol. 29, No. 1, January -July 2014, pp. 281-291).
- Shahbaz Ahmad Cheema, The Federal Shariat Court’s Role to Determine the Scope of ‘Injunctions of Islam’ and Its Implications, (Journal of Islamic State Practices in International Law, Vol. 9, Issue. 2 (2013)).
- Shahbaz Ahmad Cheema & Samee Uzair Khan, Genealogical Analysis of Islamic Law Books Relied on in the Courts of Pakistan, (Al-Adwa December 2013).
- Shahbaz Ahmad Cheema, The Significance of Socio-Political Context in Shaping the Authenticity of Jamaat-I-Islami’s Gender Discourse, (Pakistaniaat: A Journal of Pakistan Studies Vol. 5, No. 2 (2013)).
- Shahbaz Ahmad Cheema, An Analysis of Women’s Contribution to the Gender Discourse of Jamaat-I-Islami of Pakistan, (Wagadu, Volume 11, 2013).
- Shahbaz Ahmad Cheema, Federal Shariat Court as a Vehicle of Progressive Trends in Islamic Scholarship in Pakistan, (Al-Adwa January-June 2013).
From SSRN (Other Country-Specific Research):
- Milja Radovic, Citizenship and Religion in the Post-Yugoslav States, (CITSEE Working Paper 2013/35 (2013)).
- Elif Bulut & Helen Rose Ebaugh, Religion and Assimilation Among Turkish Muslim Immigrants: Comparing Practicing and Non-Practicing Muslims, (Int. Migration & Integration, 2013, DOI: 10.1007/s12134-013-0301-9).
- Mahmudul Hasan, Communalism in Bangladesh and the Real Spirit of Islam Along with the Legal Mandates for Securing Justice for All, (January 15, 2014).
- Michael Buehler, Subnational Islamization Through Secular Parties: Comparing Shari’a Politics in Two Indonesian Provinces, (Comparative Politics 46.1 (2013): 63-82).
- Shahbaz Ahmad Cheema, Tagore Law Lecturer’s Contribution to Islamic Legal Scholarship in British India, (Al-Qalam December 2013).
From SSRN (Islamic Law):