Articles of interest – December 21, 2015
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Samuel J. Levine, A Critique of Hobby Lobby and the Supreme Court’s Hands-Off Approach to Religion, (Notre Dame L. Rev. Online 26 (2015)).
- Steven Douglas Smith, The Tortuous Course of Religious Freedom, (Notre Dame Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Aliza Cover, Archetypes of Faith: How Americans See, and Believe in, Their Constitution, (Stanford Law & Policy Review, Vol. 26, No. 555, 2015).
- Thomas M. Keck, Hate Speech and Double Standards, (Constitutional Studies 1:1 (Fall 2015)).
- Angela D. Morrison, Misconstruing Notice in EEOC Administrative Processing & Conciliation, (Nevada Law Journal, Vol. 14, p. 785-805, 2014).
From SSRN (Non-U.S. Law):
- Nicola Carr, Paula Devine, Siobhan McAlister & Gail Neill, Public Attitudes Towards LGB Equality, (Access Research Knowledge, No 106, 2015).
- Pietro Faraguna, Regulating Religion in Italy: The Constitution Does (Not) Matter, (December 14, 2015).
- Piotr Godzisz, Forgotten Friends. ODIHR and Civil Society in the Struggle to Counter Hate Crime in Poland, (2015).
- Michael J. T. McMillen, Legal and Regulatory Considerations Pertaining to Islamic Capital Markets, (Islamic Capital Markets, Simon Archer and Rifaat Ahmed Abdel Karim, eds. Forthcoming).
- Tipu Salman Makhdoom, Enigmatic Sex Laws of Pakistan, (December 15, 2015).
- Saadiah Mohamad, et. al., Enhancing Cross Border Connectivity: Venturing into Islamic Finance as a New Source of Infrastructure Financing, (Journal of Emerging Economies and Islamic Research, Vol.3, No.3 (2015)).
From SmartCILP and elsewhere:
- Yousef T. Jabareen, The Arab-Palestinian Community in Israel: A Test Case for Collective Rights under International Law, 47 George Washington International Law Review 449-480 (2015).
- Charles J. Russo, Mergens v. Westside Community Schools at Twenty-Five and Christian Legal Society v. Martinez: From Live and Let Live to My Way or the Highway?, 2015 BYU Education and Law Journal 453-480.
- Kristen Stilt, Contextualizing Constitutional Islam: The Malayan Experience, [Abstract], 13 I.Con: International Journal of Constitutional Law 407-433 (2015).
- Fatahillah Abdul Syukur & Dale Margaret Bagshaw, Victim-Offender Mediation with Youth Offenders in Indonesia, [Abstract], 32 Conflict Resolution Quarterly 389-411 (2015).
- Journal of Law & Religion, Vol. 30, No. 1 (2015) has recently appeared.
- Andrea M. Alonso & Kevin G. Faley, Pope’s New Rule on Annulment: Will the Law Keep Up?, New York Law Journal, Dec. 18, 2015.
- SCOTUSblog’s Zubik v. Burwell Symposium, (Dec. 2015).