Articles of interest – August 25, 2014
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Giancarlo Anello & Ulrico Agnati, The Time Reserved for Religious Practice as a Mainstay of the Religious Freedom. Constantine’s Statutes on Sunday Rest and its Legacy in Contemporary Multicultural Society, (July 29, 2014).
- John Gillespie, Human Rights as a Larger Loyalty: The Evolution of Religious Freedom in Vietnam, (Harvard Human Rights Journal, Vol 47 (1) 107-149 (2014)).
- Ioana Cismas, Religious Actors and International Law, (Oxford University Press, 2014).
- Ruth E. Gavison, Reflections on the Meaning and Justification of ‘Jewish’ in the Expression ‘A Jewish and Democratic State’, (The Israeli Nation-State: Political, Constitutional, and Cultural Challenges, p. 135, 2014).
- Lauren Maisel Goldsmith & James R. Dillon, The Hallowed Hope: The School Prayer Cases and Social Change, (St. Louis University Law Journal, Forthcoming).
- Scott Thomas Fitzgibbon, The Law’s Duty to Promote the Kinship System: Implications for Assisted Reproductive Techniques and for Proposed Redefinitions of Familial Relations, (Boston College Law School Legal Studies Research Paper No. 329 (2014)).
- Steven Douglas Smith, Die and Let Live? the Asymmetry of Accommodation, (San Diego Legal Studies Paper No. 14-162 (2014).
- Michael L. Helfand, Religious Institutionalism, Implied Consent and the Value of Voluntarism, (Southern California Law Review, Vol. 88, No. 3, 2014).
- Avigail I. Eisenberg, Religion as Identity, (August 4, 2014).
- Russell Powell & Arthur DeLong, The Possible Advantages of Islamic Financial Jurisprudence: An Empirical Study of the Dow Jones Islamic Market Index, (Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law, Vol. 19, 2014).