Articles of interest – August 24, 2015
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Thomas C. Berg, Agape, Gift, and Intellectual Property, (U of St. Thomas (Minnesota) Legal Studies Research Paper No. 15-19 (2015)).
- Russell Powell, Does Shari’a Play a Role in Turkey?, (Pepperdine Law Review, Vol. 41, No. Special Issue, 2014).
- Robin L. West, Hobby Lobby, Birth Control and Our Ongoing Cultural Wars: Pleasure and Desire in the Crossfires, (2015).
- Cheryl L. Daytec, Till the Judge Do Them Part: The Prospect of Absolute Divorce in the Philippines, (August 19, 2015).
- Shai Stern, When One’s Right to Marry Makes Others ‘Unmerry’, (Albany Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Alan E. Garfield, And the Wall Comes Tumbling Down: How the Supreme Court Is Striking the Wrong Balance between Majority and Minority Rights in Church and State Cases, Arkansas Law Review, Forthcoming.
- Mark Rahdert, Exceptionalism Unbound: Appraising American Resistance to Foreign Law, (Catholic University Law Review, (Forthcoming)).
- Tessa McKeown, Hate Speech and Holocaust Denial: The Prohibition of False Historical Discourse in Modern Society, (2014).
- Kit Kinports, The Supreme Court’s Quiet Expansion of the Qualified Immunity Defense, (Minnesota Law Review Headnotes, Forthcoming).
- Rebecca Eaton, The Legitimacy of Spectral Evidence During the Salem Witchcraft Trials, (2013).
- Winston Bowman, A Civil Death: Mormon Disenfranchisement in the Inter-Mountain West, 27 Western Legal History 1-29 (2014).
- Inna Nam Brady, Religious Freedom in Kazakhstan: Facing the Kazakhstani Law on Religious Activities and Religious Associations, 1 Journal of Global Justice & Public Policy 227-246 (2015).
- Joshua Neoh, The Name of God On Trial: Narratives of Law, Religion and State in Malaysia, 18 Law Text Culture 198-220 (2014).
- Tilhamer Toth,, Is There a Vatican School for Competition Policy?, 46 Loyola University Chicago Law Journal 583-616 (2015).
- James M. Oleske, Jr., The Evolution of Accommodation: Comparing the Unequal Treatment of Religious Objections to Interracial and Same-Sex Marriages, 50 Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review 99-152 (2015).
- Sahar F Aziz, Coercive Assimilationism: The Perils of Muslim Women’s Identity Performance in the Workplace, 20 Michigan Journal of Race & Law 1-64 (2014).