Articles of interest – April 30, 2018
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Ryan T. Anderson, A New Time for Choosing on Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness: Today’s Challenges to the Principles of Ronald Reagan’s Conservative Manifesto, (The Reagan Manifesto: “A Time for Choosing” and its Influence, edited by Eric D. Patterson and Jeffry H. Morrison. Palgrave Macmillan (2016)).
- Angela Carmella, When Businesses Refuse to Serve for Religious Reasons: Drawing Lines between ‘Participation’ and ‘Endorsement’ in Claims of Moral Complicity, (Rutgers Law Review, Vol. 69, 2018).
- Tarunabh Khaitan & Jane Calderwood Norton, The Place of Religion in Human Rights Law: Distinguishing Freedom of Religion from the Right Against Religious Discrimination, (April 13, 2018).
- Peter J. Hill, The Ideological Origins of the Rule of Law, (Presented at The Life and Legacy of Douglass North Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of North’s Nobel Prize in Economics, March 2018).
- Kate Elengold, Consumer Remedies for Civil Rights, (Boston University Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Guy Pessach & Michal Shur-Ofry, Copyright and the Holocaust, (Yale Journal of Law and the Humanities, Forthcoming).
From SSRN (Non-U.S. Law):
- Ivo Telec, Spiritual Healing As a Religious Act. Czech Legal View, (April 4, 2018).
- Myriam Hunter-Henin, English Schools with a Religious Ethos: For a Re-Interpretation of Religious Autonomy, (Religion and Human Rights, Forthcoming).
- Richard Moon, Conscientious Objection in Canada: Pragmatic Accommodation and Principled Adjudication, (Oxford Journal of Law and Religion, Forthcoming).
- Md. Jahirul Islam, Masahiro Suzuki, Nurunnahar Mazumder & Nada Ibrahim, Challenges of Implementing Restorative Justice for Intimate Partner Violence: An Islamic Perspective, (Journal of Religion & Spirituality in Social Work, Forthcoming).