Articles of interest – April 24, 2017
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Valeriano Diviacchi, Why Tolerate Law? (April 7, 2017).
- Eric Owusu Boahen & Emmanuel C. Mamatzakis, The Moderating Effect of Legal Environment on Culture and Religiosity Towards Classification Shifting Behaviour – Global Evidence, (April 9, 2017).
- Cameron Rode, Faith, Football, and the First Amendment: Threading the Needle between Establishment and Free Exercise, (November 21, 2016).
- Carl H. Esbeck, Do Discretionary Religious Exemptions Violate The Establishment Clause?, (University of Missouri School of Law Legal Studies Research Paper No. 2017-13 (2017)).
- Heidi Brady & Robin Fretwell Wilson, The Future of Religious Liberty Protections in Illinois: Harmonizing Religious Exercise and Legitimate Government Concerns, (Chapter 2, In: An Illinois Constitution for the Twenty-First Century, 2017).
- Amos A. Israel-Vleeschhouwer, Introducing Jews’ Law Through the Study of Genocide and Rape, (Jewish Law Association Studies XXVI (2016), 70-109).
- Elizabeth Hubertz, Loving the Sinner: Evangelical Colleges and Their LGB Students, (35 Quinnipiac Law Review 147 (2017)).
- Michael J. Bazyler, The Holocaust at Nuremberg: What the Record Reveals, (Loyola of Los Angeles International and Comparative Law Review, Vol. 39, 2017).
- Iain T. Benson, Getting Religion and Belief Wrong by Definition: Why Atheism and Agnosticism Need to Be Understood as Beliefs and Why Religious Freedom Is Not ‘Impossible’: A Response to Sullivan and Hurd, (April 20, 2017).
From SSRN (Legal Issues and Islam):
- Ahmed A. Altawyan, Rethinking Gender Equality in the Workplace, (Review of Integrative Business and Economics Research, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp.142-146, April 2017).
- Andrea Pin, Is There a Place for Islam in the West? Adjudicating the Muslim Headscarf in Europe and the United States, (Notre Dame Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Lucas Newbill, A Nurse’s Face: The Burqa in the Hospital, (North Carolina Central Law Review. Vol. 39, Pg. 33, 2017).