Articles and books of interest – November 13, 2017
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Catherine E. Smith, et. al., Brief of Amici Curiae Scholars of The Constitutional Rights and Interests Of Children in Support of Respondents in Masterpiece Cakeshop LTD, et al v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, (U Denver Legal Studies Research Paper, Working Paper No. 17-39 (Nov. 2017)).
- Ian S. Speir, ‘A Beacon on Our Coast’: Religious Freedom as the First Freedom at Home and Abroad, (Providence, Forthcoming).
- Sahar F. Aziz, A Muslim Registry: The Precursor to Internment?, (Brigham Young University Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Antony Barone Kolenc, Putting Faith in Europe: Should the U.S. Supreme Court Learn from the European Court of Human Rights?, (Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law, Vol. 45, No. 1, 2016).
- Luke W. Goodrich & Rachel N. Busick, Sex, Drugs, and Eagle Feathers: An Empirical Study of Federal Religious Freedom Cases, (Seton Hall Law Review, Forthcoming).
- Holning Lau & Hillary Li, American Equal Protection and Global Convergence, (Fordham Law Review, Vol. 86, 2017).
From SSRN (Non-U.S. Law):
- Rung-Guang Lin, Towards Religious Institutionalism? The Future of the Regulation of Religious Institutions in Taiwan, (November 5, 2017).
- Masua Sagiv, The State and New Religious Movements, (Contemporary Alternative Spiritualities in Israel 115 (Shai Feraro and James R. Lewis eds., 2017)).
- Margaret D. Hagan, Human Rights Melodrama: A Literary Analysis of Reports of Police Violence Against Hungarian Roms, (Journal of Human Rights, Taylor and Francis, Pages 401-415 (2016).
- Ido Katri, The Banishment of Isaac: Racial Signifiers of Gender Performance, (University of Toronto Law Journal 68:1(2017)).
Recent & Forthcoming Books: