Articles and books of interest – May 7, 2018
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Avishalom Westreich, Assisted Reproduction in Israel: Law, Religion, and Culture, (Brill Research Perspectives: Family law in a Global Society, 2018).
- Steven Douglas Smith, The Case of the Exemption Claimants: Religion, Conscience, and Identity, (San Diego Legal Studies Paper No. 18-345, 2018).
- Sidney Martin, Oklahoma’s ‘Bone-Dry’ Law and the Fallacy of Legislative Accommodation Under Employment Division v. Smith, (January 12, 2017).
- Joel Harrison, Pope Francis, True Religion, and Religious Liberty, (Journal of Law and Religion, Vol. 33, No. 3, 2018).
- Joel Harrison, Sovereignty, (Nicholas Aroney and Ian Leigh (eds), Christianity and Constitutionalism (Cambridge University Press, 2018)).
- Nicholas Mignanelli, Is Satan a Transactions Attorney? An Account of Satanic Imagery in Law and Literature, (University of Miami Legal Studies Research Paper No. 18-16, 2018).
- Robert Kahn, Hate Speech, Democratic Legitimacy and the Age of Trump, (17 International and Comparative Law Review 239 (2017)).
- Kheinkor Lamarr, Jurisprudence of Minority Rights: The Changing Contours of Minority Rights, Proceedings of the 8th International RAIS Conference on Social Sciences (2018)).
From SSRN (Islamic law):
- Saadiya Suleman, Muslim Personal Law and Gender Equality Concerns in India, (Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research, Volume 162, International Conference on Law and Justice (ICLJ 2017)).
- Reza Banakar & Keyvan Ziaee, The Life of the Law in the Islamic Republic of Iran, (Iranian Studies, Vol. 51, 2018, Forthcoming).
- Kim, Davis, Under God’s Authority, (Liberty Counsel, Feb. 2018).
- James Loeffler, Rooted Cosmopolitans: Jews and Human Rights in the Twentieth Century, (Yale Univ. Press, May 2018).
- Nadine Strossen, Hate: Why We Should Resist It with Free Speech, Not Censorship, (Oxford Univ. Press, May 2018).