Articles and books of interest – March 26, 2018
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Christian Burset, Why Didn’t the Common Law Follow the Flag?, (Virginia Law Review, 2019, Forthcoming).
- Loren Mulraine, Religious Freedom: The Original Civil Liberty, (Howard Law Journal, Vol. 61, No. 1, 2017).
- Ryan T. Anderson, Shields, Not Swords, (National Affairs, Number 35, Spring 2018).
- Linda C. McClain, The Rhetoric of Bigotry and Conscience in Battles Over ‘Religious Liberty v. LGBT Rights’, (Religious Freedom, LGBT Rights, and the Prospects for Common Ground (William S. Eskridge, Jr. & Robin Fretwell Wilson, eds., Cambridge University Press, Forthcoming).
- Kate Bezanson, Reconciling Rights in Tension: Freedom of Religion and Equality in Trinity Western University, (December 20, 2017).
- Paul M. Secunda, Foreword: Wedding Cakes, Religion, and Sexual Orientation Discrimination, (19 Marquette Benefits & Social Welfare L. Rev. (forthcoming 2018)).
- Jaclyn L. Neo, Definitional Questions: A Critique of the Definition of Religion and Essential Practice Tests to Allocate Constitutional Protection, (International Journal of Constitutional Law, Forthcoming).
- Arif A. Jamal, Authority and Plurality in Muslim Legal Traditions: The Case of Ismaili Law, (American Journal of Comparative Law, Forthcoming).
- Niels Valdemar Vinding, Exploring the Multitude of Muslims in Europe, (Brill, March 12, 2018).
- Christopher McCrudden, Litigating Religions: An Essay on Human Rights, Courts, and Beliefs, (Oxford Univ. Press, March 25, 2018).
- Khaled A. Beydoun, American Islamophobia: Understanding the Roots and Rise of Fear, (Univ. California Press, April 2018).