Articles and books of interest – July 3, 2017
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
From SSRN (Non-U.S. Law):
- Neil James Foster, Protecting Religious Freedom in Australia through Legislative Balancing Clauses, (June 14, 2017).
- Lama Abu-Odeh, Who Cares About Islamic Law?, (Al-Jumhuriya, Forthcoming).
- Mohamed Abdelaal, Extreme Secularism vs. Religious Radicalism: The Case of the French Burkini, (23 ILSA Journal of International & Comparative Law (2017)).
- Muhammed Tawfiq Ladan, Rights to Freedom of Religious Belief and Expression, (June 27, 2017).
- Kathryn Chan, Identifying the Institutional Religious Freedom Claimant, (95 Cdn Bar Review (Forthcoming)).
- Kai Möller, Ritual Male Circumcision and Parental Authority, (LSE Legal Studies Working Paper No. 14/2017).
- Tamar Kricheli‐Katz, Haggai Porat & Yuval Feldman, Are All Types of Discrimination Created Equal?, (June 26, 2017).
Recent and Forthcoming Books:
- Jenna Weissman Joselit, Set in Stone– America’s Embrace of the Ten Commandments, (Oxford Univ. Press, May 2017), author interview by The Forward.
- Michael J. Broyde, Sharia Tribunals, Rabbinical Courts, and Christian Panels– Religious Arbitration in America and the West, (Oxford Univ. Press, June 2017).
- John Corvino, Ryan T. Anderson & Sherif Girgis, Debating Religious Liberty and Discrimination, (Oxford Univ. Press, June 2017).
- Ronit Y. Stahl, Enlisting Faith– How the Military Chaplaincy Shaped Religion and State in Modern America, (Harvard Univ. Press,Nov. 2017).
- Joseph Kip Kosek (ed.), American Religion, American Politics– An Anthology, (Yale Univ. Press, May 2017).
- Spencer W. McBride, Pulpit and Nation– Clergymen and the Politics of Revolutionary America, (University of Virginia Press, Jan. 2017).