Articles and book of interest – February 19, 2018
Howard Friedman, Religion Clause
- Jeremy Patrick, ‘A La Carte’ Spirituality and the Future of Freedom of Religion, (January 31, 2018).
- Rafael Domingo, Penal Law in the Roman Catholic Church, (Ecclesiastical Law Journal 20 (2018), Forthcoming).
- Nelson Tebbe, Conscience and Equality, (Journal of Civil Rights and Economic Development (2018 Forthcoming)).
- Andrew P. Cicero, III, Is It Well with Your Soul? The Surprising Divide within the Baptist Community Concerning Trinity Lutheran Church of Columbia, Inc. v. Comer, (February 1, 2018).
- Ryan T. Anderson, Marriage, the Court, and the Future, (Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, Vol. 40, No. 2, 2017).
- Courtney G. Joslin, Discrimination In and Out of Marriage, (98 Boston University Law Review 1 (2018)).
- Emily Warwick, Title IX, Tax-Exemption, and Transgender Students: Using Federal Guidelines to Determine the Tax-Exempt Status of Single-Sex Institutions, (January 31, 2018).
From SSRN (Law of charities):
Natalie Silver, Regulating the Foreign Activities of Charities: A Comparative Perspective, (Report for the Pemsel Case Foundation, 2017).
- Brian D. Galle, Design and Implementation of a Charitable Regulation Regime, (January 28, 2018).
- Paul B. Miller, The Identification of Fiduciary Relationships, (Evan J. Criddle, Paul B. Miller, and Robert H. Sitkoff, eds., The Oxford Handbook of Fiduciary Law (New York: Oxford University Press, 2018)).
From SSRN (European law):
From SSRN (Islam and Islamic Law):
Fajri Muhammadin, Should Muslims Argue Exceptionalism/Particularism in International Law?, (February 8, 2018).
- Marco Longobardo, The Self-Proclaimed Statehood of the Islamic State between 2014 and 2017 and International Law, ((2017) 33 Anuario español de derecho internacional 205-228).
- Ending Solehudin, The System Zakat Reform of Management and the Zakat in Indonesia (A Study of the Fatwa of Islamic Organization Persis and MUI on the Management of Zakat), (International Journal of Financial Management (IJFM), Vol. 7, Issue 1, Dec – Jan 2018, 1-20).
- Reza Banakar, Double-Thinking and Contradictory Arrangements in Iranian Law and Society, (Digest of Middle East Studies, Forthcoming).
Monroe Price & Nicole Stremlau (eds.), Speech and Society in Turbulent Times: Freedom of Expression in Comparative Perspective, (Cambridge Univ. Press, Dec. 2017).